COVID-19 Guidelines for Campers
Campers age 3+, regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID test from within 72 hours before arrival; PCR tests are preferred for all and required for anyone with a medical exemption. The Camp Office will collect proof of test results on a survey form sent to campers prior to each week at camp.
Camp UniStar follows CDC guidelines. Campers may not attend camp if...
- the camper is not fully vaccinated, including boosters, if eligible. Camp UniStar does not accept religious exemptions for vaccinations and only accepts medical exemptions on a case-by-case basis (contact the registrar);
- the camper does not provide a negative COVID test completed within 72 hours before planned arrival;
- the camper had close contact with a person who had COVID five days or less before testing;
- the camper has current symptoms of COVID or feels unwell;
- the camper's COVID symptoms are not resolved a full 5 days before planned arrival. Those whose symptoms resolved more than 5 days, but less than 10 days, before arrival should mask at camp until 10 days have passed.
Camp UniStar COVID Plans
- UniStar staff will test on a regular schedule. Some rapid COVID tests are available at camp if campers need them.
- Camp has a COVID Safety Operating Plan, specifying conditions under which the guidelines in this document may change. You will be notified prior to your week if the guidelines change.