New for 2021, application for camper weeks is online! Details below.
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
Life at Camp UniStar is simple, rustic, and comfortable. Campers share space in one of our five cabins, Anderson Lodge, or pitch a tent near the Lakeshore. The cabins and lodge feature a common room, simple kitchenette, sleeping rooms for each family, and a bathroom with a tub. The lodge and cabin 5 have a shower; two additional showers are available in a separate building. Campers bring linens/sleeping bags, blankets, pillows and towels. The tent area has five tent platforms (bring your own tent, sleeping bags, etc.) with nearby bathrooms, shower, a basic kitchenette, and a screened gazebo.
There is a communal kitchen serving three delicious, healthy meals a day. In addition to the regular offerings, at each meal we offer gluten-free baked goods, almond and soy milk, and vegetarian and vegan entrees and desserts. If you have a diet that is very limited, bring some food to supplement the meals camp provides.
*Young Adult Discount:
- For Helping Hands week, the youth (age 12-17) fees apply for 18-35 year-olds: (cabin $305, tent $225)
Some suggestions for registration:
- Choose more weeks. Your flexibility helps us to accommodate more applicants.
- Choose weeks early and/or late in the season. The late July and early August weeks are the most requested.
- Apply online or send in your registration form before priority registration ends on April 25, 2021. Registrations received after that date will have fewer weeks to choose from.
If all of the weeks you select are oversubscribed as of the priority registration date, you will be placed on a waiting list. If this happens, we will notify you.
Deposits are nonrefundable once you have received your registration confirmation in early May. If camp is cancelled due to COVID, deposits will be refunded.
IMPORTANT: Campers drive to SailStar Marina and are ferried from there to camp by boat (see directions). There will be three trips to Camp each Saturday at approximately 2:30, 3:45 and 5:00pm. If you live in the Twin Cities or northern Minnesota please try to take the earlier trips, leaving room later for those coming from farther away.
- Campers arrive late Saturday afternoon, and leave the following Friday morning. Private boaters should follow the same schedule.
- First aid is available at camp. Medical emergencies are taken to the Cass Lake Clinic or North Country Regional Hospital in Bemidji.
- Canoes, sailboats, and kayaks are available. Campers may also bring their own boats, but no jet skis.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- Pets are not permitted. Please notify the Registrar if you are bringing a service animal.
- Financial assistance may be available. Please contact the Camp Registrar for camper week assistance.
- Requests for a second camper week (not counting Helping Hands Week), may be submitted to the Registrar after April 25th..
Program Registration Notes- Please Read!
- Priority Registration ends April 25, 2021 for all camper weeks. Please apply online using the registration link below. Application can be made via email or mail also. Download the 2021 Registration form here.
- After April 25th you may still apply to attend. Please contact the Registrar to find out which weeks have space available.
- Make deposit checks payable to Camp UniStar.
- Registration confirmation emails will be sent in early May. They will include a statement of your balance due, more information about camp, and may include additional information about the program. Your balance will be due by the Thursday of the program week you attend.
- If you require accessible housing of have other special needs, please attach a note.
Due to our Covid safety plans, this summer we will be housing people based on a Group formed by campers. (We will also have some spots available for those coming without a Group.) A Group can be family members and friends that you feel comfortable sharing a cabin or the tenting area with. The group may have up to 10 members, as this number will fit in most cabins. Each family or household will do an application separately, and pick the same Group Name so we can put you in a cabin (or the tenting area) together. Unfortunately, due to our reduced camper numbers, we may not be able to honor requests for multiple household groups to be placed in the same week.
Helping Hands notes:
- To assist with the planning of housing, those wishing to arrive late or leave early from the Helping Hands Week must enclose a letter with their application stating the dates and times they wish to arrive and leave.
- Campers who apply for Helping Hands may also apply for another Helping Hands or camper week at the same time. Please use a separate registration form and deposit form for the additional week.
Or, email pdf or mail completed registration form to: